NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES seroSLIT® Compounding Rx
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is legislation geared toward ensuring patients that their personal information will not be used in any other manner than for treatment, payment or regular health care operations. seroSLIT® is required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected health information. The following practices are specific to seroSLIT®. This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
- seroSLIT® employees will not disclose any information to individuals who do not have a direct treatment relationship to the patient, without written consent from the patient.
- seroSLIT® employees will disclose only pertinent medical information deemed necessary to provide treatment. For example, if a payor is requesting information and a diagnosis is not required, no diagnosis will be disclosed.
- seroSLIT® employees will not disclose any personal information to groups or individuals for marketing purposes without patient’s written consent.
- All seroSLIT® employees have received training with respect to patient’s privacy rights and the Lab’s privacy practices.
- Patients have the right to view and amend their prescription records upon request.
- Patients have the right to deny family members and friends from obtaining medication for them by written consent.